Pets are like little furry family members. So it only makes sense that we would try to make our homes as pet-friendly as possible. And where better to start than in the kitchen?
Tips for Making your Kitchen Pet Friendly
- Automatic Food and Water Bowls: Do you want a way to add to your kitchen’s functionality while also lessening your workload? Then automatic pet food and water bowls may be the answer. These nifty contraptions make feeding your dog or cat a breeze (but be sure to make sure there is enough food or water in the system). Just program your automatic feeder and waterer to dispense the right amount of food and water at scheduled times.
- Induction Burners: Sometimes curiosity doesn’t kill the cat, but it can burn them. You can reduce the chance of your cat burning its paws on your cooktop by changing from gas or electric cooking to induction. Induction burners only heat up when covered by a pot. These burners also cool faster.
- Pull-Out Cabinets: Does your dog or cat constantly find its way into your trash can? If so, you should consider a trash pull-out cabinet. Pull-outs come in various sizes and configurations.
- Pull-Out Drawers: If you want to store your pet food out of the way, then a pull-out drawer might be the right solution for you.
- Lazy Susans: Similar to the above suggestion, a lazy susan can be a great way to maximize storage to help hide your unsightly pet products.
- Petware: You have specific cabinets designed and dedicated to cookware and glassware…why not petware? Consider creating spaces in your kitchen for your pet and pet supplies, a stylish place to hold medicines and vitamins, toothbrushes and paste, flea and tick medicines, waste bags, grooming tools, treats, food and even your pet’s medical records. This pet station can also have a built in area for food and water dishes.
- Pet Food: Okay, so pet food isn’t technically part of the kitchen, but it is typically served in the kitchen. And with the FDA’s recent recalls on several popular brands of pet food, we at Kitchen Saver thought it was worth mentioning. Please check out the FDA’s up-to-date Pet Food Recall Products List.
We at Kitchen Saver care about animals!
If you have any questions, please contact Kitchen Saver for all your Kitchen needs by calling 877-828-9056 or click here today!
Twenty-five years ago, Kitchen Saver opened its doors and began offering remodeling and refacing services to customers in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C. Quality workmanship, solid materials and innovation were our watch words, and they still are today.